Friday, February 1, 2013

Money Matters.

If I have a bank account which allows e-banking, and I also have a valid credit card, I can do the following with a computer+Internet:

1. Check my bank balance and transactions. So no need for statements or passbooks.
2. Issue Demand drafts and send them by courier without leaving my couch.
3. Transfer money to other bank accounts in the country, or any bank account worldwide.
4. Make FDs.
5. Sell and make investments like in mutual funds.
6. Pay bills for utilities like electricity, water, telephone and pay Income Tax.
7. Donate to charity.
8. Purchase goods and services at e-shopping sites like Flipkart, eBay, Jabong, Landmark, etc.
9. Purchase music and movies online at iTunes etc.
10. Settle credit card dues of any type.

Click here to see this e-banking demo by HDFC Bank