One of the advantages of attending the Trayee Veda classes under Vidwan Jayasimha sir (Challakere Vidwan Shri Srinivasan sir) is that I get to meet very interesting people with great accomplishments. One of them is Mrs. Ramya of Chikamagalur, who runs a company producing and supplying excellent condiments under the name of Sri Ram Iyengar Home Products.
In our satsang in Mr. Keshav's house in the month of May 2026, she was kind enough to give me a packet of colourful bead-like items, and two packets of condiments.
I came back home that night and wanted to taste those gem-like beads, knowing fully well they must be some exotic sweets she had designed and produced to take Cadbury on. After I put them in my mouth, I could not crack those beads with my teeth, and they seemed to have no taste. Immediately I messaged her and asked her, "What were those bead-sweet items?" She told me they were good luck charm beads! I have since then preserved them very nicely after washing them thoroughly!
The two packets of powder she had given were obviously coffee powder and some spicy powder. The coffee powder was a big success at home, as we all enjoyed the aroma.
When we ran out of our own rasam powder three days ago, my better half said it's a great opportunity to use Ramya-ji's rasam powder. I said, "Go ahead, it must be very good." We made very good rasam with it, and when we both partook of the rasam, we were a bit surprised that it seemed to be excessively tasting of turmeric!
I messaged Ramya-ji and asked her what that exotic powder was, because it seemed to be predominantly tasting of turmeric. She replied that it was indeed the purest form of turmeric, ground from exotic roots and produced by her excellent company!
Well, have you eaten turmeric rasam, especially with the pristine quality condiment from Chikmagalur? Don't miss the opportunity!