Monday, October 5, 2020

The Healer

From the Buddha garden.com:
The Medicine Buddha is depicted in paintings having blue skin, but whether shown in statue or painted form, the right hand is held facing downward with fingers extended toward the ground, palm facing outward toward the viewer, a bowl of herbs rests in the left hand upon the lap.

This cute little icon is a gift from Sundar and Jass. They brought it from Sikkim. 

Buddha the Medicine Man
I have only one illness - unawareness. 
Toil and strive
Grab and thrive
Only to lose it
Mind and body soon. 

The Buddha offers healing. 
Healing my greed, my needless want, 
My idea of incompleteness. 

For desire, the medicine is awareness. 
For sorrow, the medicine is 
disassociation.
For hate, the medicine is oneness. 
For fear, the medicine is now-ness. 

As Ishwar-ji says, 
Sit still. 
Go within. 
And discover my true spirit. 

हरिः ॐ  तत् सत्