Saturday, July 10, 2010

How good can life be?


How good can life be?

Today is my tenth day in Singapore. Got my EP, signed up for my rental home - it's located  in near-perfect settings, and am all set to move in once my effects land soon.

And today, I wake up thinking I should perhaps get an internet radio to listen to HiFi music not readily available on AM/FM bands here. I go out, and within a couple of hours, I manage to land an April 2010 release called Squeezebox Touch. It is rated a 5/5 on Amazon.com by most reviewers. When I open it and connect it to my hotel's not-so-broad band, it runs exquisitely. I am able to tune in to sunaada.com, a recent station from Bangalore, and listen to some great SSI+MSS, Parameshwara Hegde+Vishwamohan Bhat, and Lalgudi+Raghu!

In the evening, intent on some curry, I head to Boat Quay. I land up at Punjab da Dhaba, situated on a terrace 7 stories high, affording a perfect view of the waterway, the famed Fullerton and the Marina Bay. And then starts a magnificent display of fireworks in the sky -happens every weekend I am told! The food is perfect too. I top off a perfect meal with masala chai in a lovely little Lalloo pot!

And here I am - am I still thinking Life shortchanged me!!!!???

For one so blind and deaf and mindless about reality.....Hope God doesn't give up on me.