Wednesday, April 15, 2015

And what flower is it?

This flower is a favourite for everyone around. It is quite fragrant and by evening time, the flowers on the shrub entice everyone with a heady attraction. It starts off as white, individual flowers on a long stem, and slowly turns yellow as it withers. As far as I know, we get these flowers all round the year.

The sapling cutting came from a friend's house. We did't know the name of the flower, and everyone asks, " And what flower is it?"

My daughter said, she will take a picture, and search on Google. You can search for a match using the Google search. You first search for images. In the images search result, the search box has a camera icon. Clicking this, you can get the option to give a URL or upload an image from your computer. The search engine gives results.

I tried the same. Here is the result I found:

Hmmm. Not very helpful. Well, even before this, I had tried my old trusty method of search.

I found this answer. Eureka!

Brunfelsia Lactea, or Brunfelsia Gigantea...Lady of the Night, they say!