Friday, July 25, 2014

Thanks, Blak sandals!

K

Oh my faithful friends, 
Blak sandals, thanks!

Without you I wouldn't have walked. 
In Shantivana*, you were with me,  every step.

To every yoga class, mud bath and spray, 
To the physio, doc and forested walkway
You gave me company.

Pouring rain, that never ceased, 
Slippery slopes with fungi greased, 
Deterred you not.

Black you may be, but you're truly worthy. 
Unrelenting,  unflinching under all pressure. 
Perhaps you delighted quietly within
That you shall bear less in future.

Not a strap snapped, not a sole slipped, 
I walked and walked up and down. 
In green paths so well watered
That lesser friends would have shirked.

Thank you Blak. So long!


* the sandals kept me company during ten days of Yoga and Naturopathy at Ujire SDM centre, Shantivana campus.