Thursday, November 29, 2012

I am in a trap!




I have just realized that I am in a trap. And that is final. Irrevocable. Irrefutable. Immutable.

Well, the last one may not be really true. It does change, but does not change in my favour.

My trap is not physical at all! It can be either The Past, The Present, or The Future.

The Past. With its memories of good times. And sad times. And the times I wish I could hold on to, forever. And the times which I wish had me in control. Not a mere witness seeing things slip away. It's a powerful trap, of things cast in stone now, cannot be changed. And I cannot break free.

Woken from that reverie of the past, what do I see? My Present. The present is indeed a trap, I am just a part of a large movement that I have no control over, I am being carried away! I fight, I think I make my own reality. But soon I see that I am not in charge.

And then I begin to see the Future. The Future that isn't, but I want. I dream in that trap, of things that will happen, should happen, may happen. I am not there, but I think I am. Oh, what a trap!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad