Monday, July 29, 2024

Maha Rudra Homa - Challakere Trayee Veda Vidyashala - My reflections

Yesterday was very eventful. I attended the all-day Maha Rudra Homa with my better half, conducted by my teacher institution, Challakere Brothers' Trayee Veda Vidya Gurukula. 

I am attending online chanting classes conducted by Vid. Jayasimha of the institution for nearly 6 months now. 
 The speciality of the Challakere system is its emphasis on the perfect pronunciation of mantras with no shortcuts. Even for someone quite familiar with Sanskrit, this level of perfection is difficult to attain.

It was astonishing to witness 850 attendees participate with such zeal in this Maha Rudra Homa event. The event was also streamed live, and the videos can be watched here:



I have articulated my thoughts after attending the Homa in this audio clip uploaded on my YouTube channel:


 

Bottomline: If you get a chance to learn the Veda Mantras from a special guru like Sri. Challakere Srinivasan or any teacher in his institution, do not miss it!