Saturday, September 28, 2013

Why I eat with my hand

Read this link:

http://www.rasikas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21996

My post there :

Guys
Here is my simple common 21st century sense of why we eat with our hand/s.
1. Eating with my hands makes me more sensitive to food.
2. I wash my hand before eating and so am more mentally prepared to eat.
3. The human hand has an incredible range of manipulation and movement so cannot be matched by any cutlery.
4. I can eat solid, semisolid and liquid food with my hand.
5. I save on material wastage.
6. What I feel with my hand assures me I won't eat poorly cooked or dangerous food.
7. The size of a cupped hand approximates the capacity of my mouth.
8. I won't eat too hot or too cold food.
9. Washing and cleaning, making and buying cutlery wastes precious resources.
10. If I eat with my hands I will better remember the meal I ate and what foods I like and I don't.
11. Half the joy of a banana leaf meal is eating with the hand!