Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What life has taught me

I read a short piece by a great saint about what life had taught him. He referred to a few small episodes which left a deep imprint of learning on him. I started to think, what has life taught me?

I list a few:
       ( taken at butterfly garden, Singapore)


  1. Be bold, be enthusiastic, be quick. 
  2. You can get a lot more done than you think.
  3. We think of ourselves as YouTube videos, constantly changing and evolving with time. We think of others instead as Picasa photos, static and unchanging. The reality is that like us, others also constantly change.
  4. NOBODY= no saint, no astrologer, no self-proclaimed master knows the total reality. 
  5. Reality is supreme, sacrosanct, and cares for none. I mean, it is not obliged to anyone.
  6. We are all constantly searching for something outside. Actually the ultimate truth and happiness are both within us. I mean within me.
  7. Looking for a mantra? Forget it. Every mantra is a process of self-hypnosis, living in your own web. Connecting with Reality is the only mantra.
  8. Everyone gets a chance, everyone can be happy. It is NOT a Zero-Sum game.
  9. Writing what life has taught me is somewhat silly. Because learning cannot ever end or be complete.
  10. Be open. Be truthful. Be loving and be giving. 
  11. The biggest recipe for unhappiness is to expect the other to be perfect in loving and giving as I expect them to be or do.