Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Deepavali!

Happy Deepavali! I shot this photo at 40k ft from an Airline magazine ad for Abharan with my iPhone. The best piece of Indian jewellery I saw in a long time.

I am ruminating about Bhakti Yoga Ch. 12 of the Gita for the past few days. How do I really pray to the personal God when I know that everything in this universe seems to be on a kind of Autopilot and everything turns out always right, yes, but nobody seems to be listening to my prayers?

This morning, while listening to Osho on Kabir, I got some answer.
All our love and attachment  and felt need in this world is to expand our being into infinity... this is a primordial urge. The real expansion comes from leaving my petty self, ALSO leaving my petty attachments, my petty prayers (=demands) and then connecting with the Infinite. That process of connecting with the Infinite CAN ONLY BE through love as stated in the Gita... or Bhakti Yoga!

Let me share Edwin Arnold's wonderful translation here (click to see big)... no better way to celebrate Gita, Deepavali and Life!